Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beyonce releases a surprise "visual" album and breaks iTunes record worldwide.
The Queen is back and making another killing with her fifth studio album. Beyoncé was released exclusively on iTunes last Friday without any promotional marketing, radio singles or leading video on Vevo or Youtube but sold 828,773 copies in just three days, Apple announced Monday.
The album also broke the U.S. first-week album record with 617,213 sold, the company added. Apple also reports that the album topped iTunes album charts in 104 countries (out of 119 countries where iTunes is available). 
Rock on, Bey'.
Beyonce unconventionally announced her album release, which included 14 songs and 17 videos, through the social media giant Instagram and within 24 hours sparked over 1.2 million tweets and mentions of “Beyoncé” spiked more than 1,300% on Facebook.
"I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that," Beyoncé said. "I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready and from me to my fans."
Fans with only be allowed to purchase the full album, not individual songs, until Dec. 20th.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment